The monetary value of this award is £200.
This is a one off payment made to the successful applicant.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Position (at time of application):
- Northern Deanery Foundation Doctor
- Northern Deanery Medical Student
- Any doctor in the North East of England who has not yet commenced ACCS or Core Training (this may include trust grades, junior fellows, FY3 doctors).
- Additionally, students who undertook medical electives in the North East within the last year are also eligible to apply.
- Any audit, research or quality improvement project in one or more of the following specialties:
- Critical Care
- Perioperative Medicine
- Pain Medicine
- Applicants must adhere to all deadlines throughout the application process.
- Attendance and presentation of project at the prize giving day in Newcastle is a mandatory component of the application process for shortlisted applicants based within the region.
- Applications will be accepted online at this site.
- Applications will open for a 14 week period from mid May to early September each year.
- A panel will review all applications and shortlisting will take place in September.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their work at the Royal Victoria Infirmary, after which a panel of judges will score each presentation.
- The winner of the prize will be presented with their certificate and same day.
- Payment of the prize will be by cheque posted out after the presentations.
- Applications accepted from 12 May
- Applications close 1 Septmeber
- Reviews begin late August
- Shortlisting in early Septmeber
- Invites to shortlisted applicants sent out 9 September
- Short presentations and awarding on the afternoon of 17 September at RVI